tiistai 15. tammikuuta 2013

More about food...


I am actually loving this diet. People think it´s really hard, but it´s not. (Ok, it does help that I can actually have anything when the kids are not around, but still...) The best thing about it, apart from the fact that it helps my daughter stay negative, it gives you so much energy!

My son has also suffered from odd stomach pains, everything has been tested, there´s nothing wrong with him. He has not had stomach ache once after we changed to this diet, although he still eats regular food once a day at school. With L I am more strict, L takes her own food to school. She is 100% hypoallergenic and doing great!

I actually had some bacon and eggs when the kids were at school today. Felt like total crap afterwards, wanted to puke, felt I had eaten a whole pig and a chicken on top of it. I am so used to feeling light and full of energy. It really made me think about how L must already be feeling with the extra steroid-swelling (around 7kg of it), how she might feel if I fed her junk food, or not even junk food, but food that is heavy and doesn´t digest well.
Todays´s dinner had: chicken and whole-grain rice with ginger, garlic, onions, parsley, broccoli, rice cream and turmeric, curry, black pepper and sea salt. Salad with mixed greens, cabbage, avocado, broccoli, cucumber, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

For dessert we had a smoothie with mango, lingonberry, blueberry, raspberry, ginger and honey.
We love a salad with spinach, carrots, onions, kale, avocado and spices.
Rice-based pasta with reindeer meat, avocado, onion, spinach, basil, olive oil and lemon goes dow´n like a charm.
Spinach pancakes made from glutein-free flour and no egg, with a green salad is a favourite!

Cauliflower soup with potatoes, onion, garlic and sunflower seeds. yummy!

Glutein free tortilla with kale, avocado and spicy turmeric and curry reindeer meat with apple sauce, yes!

Rosemary turkey with carrots and onions, served with string beans and broccoli, who said this was dull?

My daughter´s favourite snack is steamed kale and broccoli.
Chinese hypo-style, rice, kale, peas, carrots in a ricemilk spicy sauce is my favourite.
Greens, good with any meat dish.

Don´t feel as if we are on a diet, just eating great tasting food that is also good for you!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti