lauantai 19. tammikuuta 2013

Positive thinking



I have faith in positive thinking, but how do I get that faith into my daughter? How do I get her to believe that she will heal?

Today is the start of 5mg of Prednisone, and I was smiling all the way to work. I sent messages to grandparents and godparents to phone L, to congratulate her on her progress, how good she has been with the diet. Give her some praise and a boost, keep her smiling and happy. She loves it when her phone rings.

I almost forgot to call her myself! I told her how much I loved her and how proud of her I was. I reminded her, she should let all her emotions out, scream and shout if she feels like it! She has always been such an "easy" child, never has a temper, screams or shouts. For the first 2 years she was quiet, sitting in my lap, always. She would whisper her words.

"Kidney and bladder problems tend to arise when we have difficulty letting go of emotions – particularly negative ones – and the feelings become blocked inside. There function is the system of waste removal, they maintain an essential balance, they are the purifying process that keeps our bodies in harmony."  From http://www.iempowerself.com/60_kidney_ailments.html

If anything, this disease has made her stronger. She is so smart she scares me sometimes! But she still needs to find the strenght to let her emotions out. And believe that she can get better.

I can´t do that for her.

So I´ve done the one thing any parent can do. Bribery. She is going to have a massive party with presents if she gets off the meds. That´s a goal she liked. It will happen. One day.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti